Belinda completed her PhD in 2019 at the University of Western Australia specialising in seagrass-microbe relations.
Belinda has extensive project management experience across several fields of environmental research and has been awarded over $1.5 million AUD in research funding. Belinda’s research is highly collaborative, with her professional network extending across national and international academic and industry partners. Belinda continues to speak at national and international conferences and to provide advice on expert panels.
- Seagrass and rhizosphere ecology
- Development of novel microbial monitoring tools
- Biogeochemistry and microbial ecology of natural systems
- Application of microscopy in microbial ecology – including CSLM, SEM, FISH and NanoSIMS
Jen completed a PhD in 2021 at the University of Western Australia specialising in urban freshwater ecosystems.
Jen is a multidisciplinary ecologist who is interested in understanding links between macro-scale management and micro-scale processes to improve the quality of natural and engineered systems. Jen collaborates with academia (national and international), industry, government, and, non-profit organisations to deliver positive environmental and social outcomes.
- Microbial ecology and biogeochemistry of natural and engineered systems, including; biofilms, soils, plant-microbe interactions, anaerobic digestors, aquatic environments.
- Urban aquatic ecology and restoration, including; constructed wetlands, ‘living’ streams, drains, streams, rivers and estuarine systems (current project)
- Investigation and optimisation of insect-based products (e.g. protein, oil and frass) in the circular economy (current project)
- Characterising DOM using fluorescence spectroscopy
Peta is a Perth based designer, illustrator and public artist. Peta graduated in Graphic Design and Illustration Design from Curtin University of Technology in Perth. She has extensive experience in the creation of graphic design products, branding, illustrations, animations, posters and public art murals. You can follow Peta on instagram @onomatopeta_
- Illustration & Graphic design
- Painting & Murals
Dan is a quantitative ecologist who specializes in the application of modelling tools to the field of conservation and natural resource management. Dan provides research and quantitative support to natural resource agencies and academics around the world. Through his work Dan aims to reduce uncertainty in the management of natural resources and promote a more transparent and explicitly science-based management process. For example, optimizing monitoring design to measure and inform management responses. Populations/communities Dan has worked on include fish (e.g. stocking, environmental flows), invertebrates, terrestrial mammals (e.g. exotic mammal baiting), and vegetation (e.g. floodplain vegetation).
- Estimation methods such as likelihood and Bayesian techniques. These tools allow for the customization of analysis to maximize the inference potential of field data.
- Stochastic simulation to optimize monitoring design and analysis methods.
- Simulation models to develop science-based hypotheses about expected system responses to management actions. This type of modelling is a useful way to synthesize information and make explicit the assumptions that we make when predicting outcomes of management prescriptions.
Designer / Illustrator
Chloe is a Brisbane based illustrator and graphic designer. She studied at Enmore Design School and has over 10 years experience working in the design industry. Her illustrations and designs have been featured globally including in magazines such as Frankie, Yoke, and Unbound as well as for major brands such as Five Four the Wild, Crumbs, The Fox Glove, Goat Story and ILAA, among others. Chloe brings a cool, unique style to our team. Check out her portfolio on instagram @chloejoyceillustrations
- Graphic design
Scientist / Illustrator
Nat graduated with a double major bachelor degree in marine science and geology from the University of Western Australia. She has over 8 years experience working as a geologist and manager in the mining industry. Nat also studied fine arts at the college of fine arts (COFA) at the University of New South Wales. She specialises in painting and illustration and has held numerous exhibitions across Australia.
- Geological and structural mapping
- 3D modelling
- Geochemical analysis